Music I Write To


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Thursday, October 23, 2008

A Little More Beginning

I'm getting a little bit more excited, although still petrified. I've got two totally separate ideas down on paper, with a little detail added in. I think I like the second one better, just because the first feels a little too close to home. A whole "what if?" line of thought....which can be great fodder for inspiration, but seriously....who wants to live in the "what if?" and try to still be happy in their own world. I may come back to that one later, but for now, it just feels...too shallow. What I mean is, it is so deep for me, there's so much to it, that putting it down on paper right now doesn't feel like it could capature the exact essence that it should. Because it's a pretty big deal, to me at least. So for the second idea....

I've actually been tossing it around in my head for a few days, and I keep coming back to it. Something about it seems to work, and so far, I've got enough to go on, to keep filling in details. I'm hoping this is a good sign....this is the first time I've actually sat down and thought about a serious book idea, and tried to put it all out there, so I have no idea of what I'm doing. Haha, that's okay, I'm pretty good at pretending I know what I'm what I'm doing until I really do....or I'm so lost that it doesn't matter anymore, hahaha.

So...my heart is beatingthisfastasecond right now, in the afterglow of my little writing frenzy...or maybe "middleglow" is more appropriate. I might have a few more details in my head to put down now...

Or, I can wait till later since my daughter is determinedly saying mamamamamama in between my legs while I try to type this....(*sigh*)

I love my kids =)

2 comments:

Shannon said...

I so love you! You are def right about the pretending to know how to do something... this isn't pretent though. You've been preparing for this your whole life, and I know you can feel that it comes naturally, just think though, the whole brainstorming process will get easier and easier, and then, when you're a best seller, you'll be able to pump those books out and make us all alot of $$$. Hahaha! You know that last bits all a joke. Keep on enjoying it and putting in the effort!

Word Ninja said...

I so love you too!! I was thinking the same thing about the brainstorming getting easier and easier...and, to be honest, making us all a lot of $$ too =)