Music I Write To


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Thursday, January 15, 2009

Story #1, Welcome Back

I only have a few minutes so this is going to be short. Well, as short as is possible for me, the notoriously long-winded, detail obsessed, wandering story girl.

I re-opened Story #1 the day before yesterday.

(big sigh)

It was glorious. It was like waking up on Sunday morning to the smells of bacon and coffee that someone else made and you just have to get up and get some. It was like Christmas morning.

It was like....

It was like running into that guy from the past who you still think of from time to time, and after running into them realizing that they are everything your mind has built them up to be over the past ten years or so. (That never, by the way, they're always much less interesting than our minds build then up to be over time. I just happened to run into someone a few days ago...to say it was disappointing would be an understatement.)

In case you're not getting where I'm going with this, I'll just clarify.

It was amazing!! I spent a few hours doing editing and re-writes, and then suddenly I realized why the story had slowed down before, which is why I lost interest. I had the story line a little confused, and I wasn't quite sure what my characters were doing.

But, lo and behold, I have seen the error of my ways! And now I have a good, solid plot to build off of, and characters who are well and truly their own people.

I can't describe the feeling I get when I'm writing and things are going well, but it's sweet, way-deep-down-in-my-soul sweet. So I'm off to write some more since I have, by my calculations, a solid 20 minutes before my kids start freaking out.

Back again soon faithful readers! =)

2 comments:

Sweet Caroline said...

Oh goodie, goodie, goodie, goodie, goodie...

I can't wait to read! Keep going! Your kids will be FINE! Child Protective Services will take good care of them. That is their job!!!

Next page! Next page!

(Oh, and funny story about running into the guy. It is true: our minds only remember the good stuff.) Hmmmm. I should write a poem about that. It might help me move on!

Word Ninja said...

Hahaha, too funny about Child Protective Services!!!! And believe me, after eleven years of ridiculous daydreaming, nothing will help you move on like seeing the reality first hand. While they may still be gorgeous (mm-hmmm), they are not the Prince Charming of memory. Things DO happen for a reason! Yay! =)