Music I Write To


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Sunday, November 23, 2008

An Embarrasment of Riches...or Stories.

Still haven't seen Twilight yet. =( But I'm hoping to go Tuesday, and I'm super thrilled they're making the next one, New Moon, with a bigger budget, so that's pretty sweet.

So I've sat down to write a few times over the past few days, and the same thing keeps happening. I open one story, stare at the open space just waiting to be filled up with words, and I start thinking about my other story. For the sake of labels, we'll call the original one Story 1, and the new one Story 2. I'm super creative, I know.

So Story 1 still has tons of work, months and months of work, and I'm still feeling it the same way I was. But Story 2 keeps sticking it's head in where it's not wanted, and it keeps whispering to me to play with it instead. And I really want to, because Story 2 is completely different than Story 1, and there's just something about it....

There is no way I even want to think about attempting to write two stories at once, not for my first time. While about thirty different analogies just flew through my head, every single one of them was not really appropriate, and mostly perverted, so I'm not going to use one. Suffice it to say, two is one too many to start, and I don't want to get overwhelmed and give up. So I think I'm going to start working on Story 2 mainly, and see where that goes, and if Story 1 wants some more attention, well, I'm sure it'll let me know, and we'll go from there.

3 comments:

Sweet Caroline said...

FIrst of all: I like perverted. You could have gone all the way with that one!!! OOPS. There I go, now!

I remember hearing Stephanie Meyer say at that concert thing I went to that she had all these characters just wanting to come out of her head.

Sounds familiar.

Next page, please.

Sweet Caroline said...

Oh, and with my Attention Deficit problem, I have messed up my blog. Believe me, I tried to fix it to no avail. Anyway, I guess follow my cute Christmas pic or go to PitterPacker.blogspot. Anyway. I was gone, too. Glad you are back!

Sweet Caroline said...

Oh, I haven't seen Twilight either. Have you by today? (Wednesday?)