Music I Write To


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Saturday, November 29, 2008

Inspiration-Point Blank

Inspiration is a strange thing, coming from any and everything.

I had the strangest...I can only call it a zing...of inspiration today for Story 2 while I was watching Grosse Pointe Blank, the 90's movie with John Cusack, and Minnie Driver. If and when this book is published, (fingers crossed!), no one would be able to pick out the place that came from it, because it wasn't like a direct thing. Just a look, a general feeling at a certain place, an idea that popped up like a little brain-bubble.

So I just thought I'd share that randomness that is my thought process, and also let you know that things are going well, I'm starting to sink back into the writing zone-(*has anyone seen the Crankyankers character in the "Phone Zone" skit? yeah, that's what I'm hearing right now.*)-and the tingles are starting up again.

I've gotta say I'm glad, I was worried after a few days of complete blank-brain, but I'm thinking now that was just the holiday induced food coma stifling any thought that didn't involve cramming more leftover stuffing into my mouth. ;)John Cusack in Grosse Pointe Blank

3 comments:

Sweet Caroline said...

I have not seen this movie. Reminder: watch this movie this week. You are making me crazy, Ali! I am trying to connect the dots and I can't! Tease! :)

Sweet Caroline said...

Oh by the way, I sit just like that in my bed, too! Gun and magazine exactly the same! I must sleep with him one day. Well, not sleep...well, yes, sleep...but, well, with two guns there could be a huge bang! OMG! I DID NOT mean to write that! WARNING: RATED CAROLYN! MATURE AUDIENCES ONLY!!!

Word Ninja said...

So I'm making a post for you because the comment I wanted to leave is too long. I too sit with my gun and magazine, it's how I relax.